The route, which is fully marshalled, takes place along the
beach of Sandown Bay from Shanklin to Yaverland.
- As it is summer there will be other beach users on the
sand and in the water. It is essential that runners beware of other beach users
and avoid collision.
- Marshals will be on the beach in the more popular
areas warning the public of impending runners; however, it is up to each runner
to avoid collision.
- Depending on the wind and waves on the day, there
should be a minimum of running in the water which should be mostly be ankle
deep. However, there will be two groynes where runners will be in water around waist
deep for a short distance. (Approx. 50 yards each groyne.)
- We recommend that footwear be worn to guard against
any rocks or possible Weaver fish.
- First Aiders will be at Salix and Wight Water cafes
along the beach and at the finish point in Yaverland, marshals will be
positioned along the route.
- Water will be available at the finish